There are plenty varieties of tea in the market these days. Sometimes, it can get confusing because every tea seems to be different from one another but offer the same benefits.
If you have to choose, check out Rooibos. It’s an organic tea from South Africa that can be your new tea of choice — and will be in the long run. It is no lightweight as it packs iron, calcium, and potassium which are all crucial to one’s health. Rooibos tea doesn’t have the oxalic acid that can cause kidney stones while six to 18 milligrams of this acid is found to be in other green and white tea.
Rooibos tea has a lot of health benefits for your skin, heart, even for your bones. If you’re still not sure if Rooibos is for you, here are nine reasons you should consider:
1. Rooibos is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that reduce the risk of heart attack, high cholesterol, diabetes, and cataracts.
2. Your heart will appreciate you drinking this tea because it naturally decreases blood pressure. Rooibos contains aspalathin which is an antioxidant that reduces vascular inflammation and reduces the risk of heart oxidation. This flavonoid is only found in Rooibos which is all the more reason why it should be your tea of choice from now on.
3. A tea a day keeps cancer away. Drinking Rooibos tea helps bar cell mutation which most often than not cause cancer. Thanks to a plant pigment called quercetin which is a natural antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals. Scientists consider this plant pigment important in fighting cancer.
4. Rooibos tea can help treat or prevent diabetes. Adding this to diabetic treatment plans can help the patient greatly because of the rare antioxidant, aspalathin, found in Rooibos. It helps balance sugar and improve the body’s insulin resistance. It also lets the muscles better absorb glucose.
5. Rooibos helps digest food better. Due to the many processed food available in the market today, you need a drink that can aid in digestion and breakdown of these chemicals. Rooibos tea is a nutrient rich drink that can help your digestion.
6. Stand tall with strong bones. If you’re past drinking milk, you can still get healthy bones by drinking this wonder tea. It has essential bone growing minerals like manganese, calcium, and fluoride that makes bones strong.
7. Get the body you desire. Since Rooibos helps in digestion, it adds a great deal to losing weight as it is found to prevent new fat cells from developing. Rooibos tea contains no fat and cholesterol and is also naturally sweet so there’s no need to add sweeteners.
8. Rooibos helps block allergens so you can enjoy doing your daily activities without worrying about allergy attacks. Rooibos tea is traditionally used to fight and treat allergies, asthma, and skin ailments.
9. Rooibos tea can give you silky hair and glowing skin because of alpha hydroxy acid and prevalent antioxidants found only in this tea. It also helps treat eczema and acne. The superoxide dismutase it contains enhances the production of healthy skin producing cells that reduce and neutralize free radicals that cause wrinkles and dryness.
Change your tea fix into something that will give you more than just a perk up. Drink up and get all the benefits from this wonder tea.